Saturday, February 6, 2010

Epic fail


Face Hunter book, $45 at the National Portrait Gallery, $20.34 at Book Depository

I tried to outsmart the National Portrait Gallery today, but failed. Which isn't fair because I returned an extra $10 of change their cafe had accidently given me. What ever happened to karma?

I should probably take a few steps back and explain a little. The context is a second art, wine & cheese event at the National Gallery in as many days. To avoid the Masterpieces of Paris craziness we headed next door to the National Portrait Gallery for lunch.

The NPG also has an amazing shop with posters, books, jewellery etc. I picked up this Sartorialist-style book by the Face Hunter. Actually, its eerile similar to The Sartorialist's recent book. Its about the same size and thickness, have similar street style fashion - even the text is similar. Anyway, I was about to hand over the Amex when I thought to myself - surely this book will be on Book Depository for much much less. A ha - I thought - I outsmarted them!

Turns out the Face Hunter is available on Book Depository for less than half the price actually. BUT NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL 22 MARCH 2010! Sigh. Serves me right for trying to outsmart the NPG - *shakes fist*...

No comments:

Post a Comment