Monday, July 27, 2009

Vintage silk

On Sunday I headed to Leura again with my Nan. After the obligatory trip to the Leura Lolly Shop (mmm Reese's peanut butter cups) we were excited to come across two new shops.

The first is Mrs Peel, run by the same couple who pioneered Zoo Emporium in Surry Hills. So I wasn't surprised to find an excellent range of well-priced, excellent quality vintage pieces. I have a particular soft spot for vintage silk scarves, and almost walked away with some vintage Dior, but it was a little blue for my liking. I ended up picking up this Oroton silk scarf to replace an old favourite which had run away. Mrs Peel's has some stock available online, but you really need to see the shop in person.

The other new shop is a gorgeous chocolate shop called Josophan's. Unfortunately Nan and I headed here after having hot chocolate at the Cafe version of Josophan's (yes, both in Leura) and a lunch that consisted of Devonshire Tea. So I can't attest to the quality of the chocolate, but it all looked quite tasty.

All in all, an excellent day and a chance to spend some quality time with my Nan. Admittedly, I think its her I miss most since moving to Canberra.

No comments:

Post a Comment