Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Perry Street, West Village

I've finally booked New York accommodation for October/November. 
Whilst the place looks gorgeous (although I'm not 100% sold on that animal-skin looking rug) its the location I'm most excited about. Its on Perry Street in the West Village in New York... which just happens to be the street on which Carrie's apartment is located! Having gotten my photo taken in front of her place last time (Sex and the City tour anyone?) its one of the most beautiful streets in New York City. My apartment  is also 400ft from Magnolia Bakery, on the same street as Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman's apartment building and one street over from Sarah Jessica Parker's place. 

I've fallen into a bad habit of logging onto Google Maps and calculating the walking distance from my apartment to various [important] landmarks. It appears I'm within 20 minutes walk of Ksubi [yay Aussies], Marc Jacobs [OK about 5 Marc Jacobs stores including Little Marc Jacobs - so cute!], Mulberry, Macys, Sephora, Kiehls, NYU, Christian Dior, Kate Spade, American Apparel, Chanel [who knew they had a SOHO boutique?], Tasti-D-Lite, Bed Bath & Beyond, Prada and the High Line. I wonder how many units I could have billed if I had never been accepted into the New York marathon and instead stayed put...let's not do the calculation please.

Stay tuned for the list of New York movies I'm compiling... 

No comments:

Post a Comment