Monday, September 6, 2010


RMIT Dangerous Goods runway show, taken on my Iphone

A friend and I went to the RMIT graduate fashion show at Melbourne town hall on the weekend. The show was one of the many public events during this year's Melbourne Spring Fashion Week (MSFW). I love that MSFW has such a well developed public program - its something that RAFW should take note of.

The show was really well produced, the models were impressive and the clothes really interesting. It felt a little bit like going to a graduation - the students and their friends and family definitely showed their support loudly! The only disappointing part was that it only lasted for 20-30 minutes. Also interesting were the number of (good looking, well dressed) men at the event. I'd random a guess that about 40% of the audience were male. Although no one told the people filling the Gorman showbags! I think a lot of men would have been donating the feminine hygiene products...

No comments:

Post a Comment