Sunday, August 23, 2009

A rose by any other name

Ksubi [or Tsubi as they used to be called] is an Aussie street brand founded by a bunch of surfers sometime in the late 90s. One of he founders is George Gorrow, creative director and friend of US model Erin Wasson. The Selby did a feature on Ksubi offices and showroom in Sydney. Tsubi became a lil' bit infamous for releasing 169 live rats down the runway at fashion week in 2001. The first letter in their name [Ksubi or Tsubi] has always been silent.

George Gorrow's postcards
Whenever travelling, George sends himself a postcard. I absolutely love this idea and intend to steal it. Similarly, a friend of mind has a shotglass from every country she has visited. My dad collects hat pins. I just collect photos.

I was inspired to write this post after finding an old pair [very] well-loved Tsubi jeans in my cupboard. Finding old clothes in the depths of your wardrobe is very recessionista [even though I dislike that word.] What do I have to say about these jeans?

1) They are so amazingly comfortable - almost like track pants.
2) I can't believe I spent $250 on jeans when I was at uni. Ironically, I probably wouldn't spend that much money on jeans now [even though I'm no longer a poor uni student]. I think my brand-snobbiness has reformed a little. Or maybe I just discovered that entering "marcs + jeans + 10" on Ebay results in good quality jeans that fit me perfectly for <$40.
3) They still fit perfectly [yay].
4) Wide leg jeans, whilst super-comfy aren't necessarily super flattering. That said, they beat skinny jeans hands down [on me anyway].

No comments:

Post a Comment